In one of its most underwhelming functionality changes in the past decade, YouTube now offers captions.
You’ll need to look for it by clicking the arrow button and selecting “captions” but it probably won’t exist in your language. That’s because the creator has to use special software and can only translate one language per video. I suppose a summer intern had a little too much free time.
Let’s vote on some additional unecessary YouTube functionality improvements that can join this and the “thumb-up-a-comment” tool:
- B&W converter: The ability to turn a video black and white by altering the URL slightly.
- Auto inverse technology: flip your video horizontally and make KevJumba say Abmujvek.
- Fred shuttle: make your video play 25% faster so everyone sounds like Fred.
- Jiggle the JPEG: for those partner banners that don’t rotate as an annoying GIF file, this tool can take an ordinary flat banner and make it wiggle.
- Auto off: The video will automatically stop playing when it reaches the creator’s average viewed duration point. All MrSafety videos will stop after 11 seconds.
- Unrelated videos: selects videos that are not related to the one you’re viewing.
- What’s your vote?