So it’s time for another “is it real or not” analysis on a “candid” or “staged” video. I’m only right 84.5% of the time, but I’m going with REAL. What follows are the highlights, why you think it’s real, and 5 reasons why I don’t.
For a spontaneous rant, it’s some damned good scripting. Here are the highlights:
- DOPEY the DICK starts whispering in your ear
- Don’t fucking “Dennis” me!
- This is the most unprofessional set I have ever been on
- This is horse shit
- Zombies over here that I have to look at
- a bunch of pussies staring at me
- and this fucking baby
Here’s why people may think it’s fake:
- We’re increasingly skeptical of these impromptu moments.
- He’s allegedly filming a movie about a slimy auction houses so it could be a promotion stunt.
- The camera is very visible. You would expect someone on the set to be WAY more discrete about capturing a moment this sensitive.
- Quaid is an actor, and he’s done little stunts with Ellen. It’s always possible it’s a Jimmy Kimmel twerk trick of 2013.
But I still think it’s real. And here’s why:
- The video starts late and gets dropped at just the right time. There’s a fierceness to his rage that seems sincere
- His voice cadence is not dynamic, and the volume comes from his chest, neck and mouth rather than abdomen. I would expect an actor to project from his diaphragm and would provide more range in delivery.
- He’s not THAT good of an actor (two words: Parent Trap).
- He and his agent would not likely agree to a stunt like this because even if it’s a hoax it harms his reputation.
- If it was a stunt, it would be “leaked” closer to the release date of the film.
Apparently Quaid isn’t commenting about it. What do you think?