As you’ve no doubt heard, the new YouTube channel design is available for us unwashed masses. You shall like it, so proclaims some YouTube luminaries in this promotional video. So how do you activate the new “YouTube One Channel” and customize it?
- First you need to activate the new channel. Visit YouTube One’s overview page (which describes features), and scroll to bottom. Press button. You’re in business.
- Now you’ll need one photo that will serve desktop, tablet and television. The specifications are described on YouTube’s blog. You want an image that’s 2120 by 1192 pixels. You can download a png template here. The image that appears on this page is a condensed version.
- To customize your image in Photoshop, here’s a YouTube Channel One Photoshop Template I created. Obviously you’ll want to delete the images from mine, and keep the template page visible so you can size things. Be sure to leave space for your thumbnail, which automatically appears over the image. If mine doesn’t work, here’s a nice YouTube One template.
- Note that your logo needs to be in the middle of this giant rectangle. The entire image shows up on TV, but only the center rectangle appears on desktop and mobile.
- While you’re editing your new channel, go through the checklist in the upper right corner to customize links and ensure the correct icons are overlaying your image.