Tom Schmoyer created a ReelSEO video to summarize a bunch of YouTube changes (below), and navigates them for creators and advertisers. Changes include
- a new uploader tool for creators
- the ability to link directly from videos offsite to fundraising (Kickstarter, Indigogo)
- new ways to select ads (monitization) preferences, 150K options for free music you can add even after posting.
He references two things that are well worth reading:
- Mark Roberts shows how to configure YouTube videos on your own site for search-engine optimization.
- Here’s the YouTube guide to advertising (PDF).