I always liked Weird News, and used to syndicate it for a local newspaper in Georgetown. That means I pulled it down from the wire, laid it out, and added a photo of a squirrel when necessary. Hey it sounds easy, but those weren’t the desktop publishing days, damnit. I used hot wax.
So here, unrelated to the primary purpose of this blog (whatever that is) are some weird news items I’ve culled from 409 different sources.
- A body of a woman was found in a Disney World parking lot. That body, of course, was dead.
- A dead body was found on top a moving truck. It was not Andy Rooney.
- A new toy, Fijit Fiends, is a best-selling Halloween decoration.
- 60 Elvises fled from a fire. If I was a pun fan, I’d link to this video. I’m not.
- A French teacher forces a student to inform her of a bathroom fire in French (The Onion). Allison should defense de fumer, non?
- Smoking one marijuana joint can give you schizophrenia.
- A book of bone houses. How comforting to sleep beneath deceased human remains.
Want more of this type of content?