Remember Mark Day? Showing he still cares, he’s jumped on the Double Dream Hands wave with a cat. It’s a rather perfect formula, and an irresistibly inviting thumbnail even before I knew it was Mark’s cat. Cats sell, kids. Forget what your marketing teachers ever told you about cows.
To recap the “Double Dream Hands” saga:
- the original video was placed up on Dec. 6, 2010.
- A Beyonce parody appeared almost instantly (see it). I dig Ablazer1818’s techno-rock version.
- This Dec. 17 high-school “Double Dream Hands” gymnasium version could turn Eeyor into Tigger.
- I found it on Jan. 16, and BEGGED Tosh 2.0 to feature him. I even bought the yellow shirt, which I’ve worn maybe 10 times even though not yet as intended (a parody).
- Perhaps coincidentally (but I’d like to think I helped), just weeks later the world’s most animated choreographer appeared on Ellen to do a birthday number of Planet Rock.
- DanceTube has done a nice top-5 “best video replies,” which include a dude dressed as a cat (we’re not sure if it’s Mark Day or not).
P.S. I’ll bet you a solid hunk of feta cheese that if you click this link you’ll have this Tigger song stuck on your head for the day.