I blog about online video, but there are a few other things I like about the Internets.
Here are 10 ways to escape your mundane existence.
- I like reading Uncle Stevy (Stephen King) write about pop culture and film on EW.com (link isn’t working and I actually read it in print on the pooper). I’ve always loved King’s books and short stories, and his column makes me feel like we’re BFFs.
- I’ve always adored The Onion, and I used to eagerly await new content on Wednesday’s. Some day I’ll spend on a subscription.
- It’s nice to check out Barats and Bereta‘s new videos or Rhett and Link. Something about a duo that’s twice as good as a solo.
- I can’t tell you how many times I’ve randomly gone back to watch “Parsnips-A-Plenty.”
- The West Virginia Surf Report is hysterical. A man so old he looks like a cigar-smoking cicada. Brilliant. TheSneeze is good too.
- Jim Meskimen‘s voices are fun… check out his sound board.
- Bored? StumbleUpon is worth adding, and after a while it’s pretty good at knowing what you like.
- TechCrunch is usually good for a quick read.
- Want to know what’s hawt? Check Yahoo Buzz or Digg.
- Don’t care much for news, but occasionally I’ll hit Google News or Drudge Report. Not a big fan of scraping content, but I’m too lazy to read any news site regularly. Plus it kinda defeats the purpose of the Internet: searching for answers or escapism.
How about you? Hidden gems? New sites? Good curated video content I’ve missed?