I was embarassed to notice that I’ve only watched one YouTube video for about every 3800 times someone has viewed one of mine (my Nalts videos have been viewed 16 million times on YouTube but I’ve only watched about 4K videos). Seems a bit selfish, doesn’t it?
So then I began exploring some of the most popular YouTubers that have lots of people viewing them, but don’t watch many videos in return.
- The worse offenders are the media channels, but that’s understandable. They’re there to distribute not watch.
- MiaRose– The 6th most subscribed YouTuber has been viewed 31 million times, buthas only watched 270 videos. Mia…
- Justin Laiply– the man behind “The Evolution of the Dance” has been viewed 65 million times (almost exclusively on one of his four video), but has only viewed about 815 videos to date.
- At 17 million views, DaxFlame has only watched 2300 videos. Not bad, but he’s got no excuse except homework.
- BritneyTV– she’s watched just 27 videos, against the 20 million that have viewed hers. Shame, Britney. Even Oprah, the Youtube Virgin, is up to 157 (although something’s telling us she’s not watching ’em all).
So who loves back the community the most? The “courtesy reach around” winners:
- Michael Buckley, despite his incredible number of subscribers and views, holds a decent ratios of views/watch. He’s watched almost 11 thousand videos between his WhatTheBuck and Peron75 accounts.
- Mr. Pregnant. He’s watched more than 105,000 videos. Get out much or did you find an auto refresh application to pump up views?
- Even more surprising? Mr. Safety also has watched a whooping 420,000 videos (compared to his 14.6 million video views). I’ll bet 53.5% of those views are of his own videos.