I hereby nominate your ProductsofChampions.com into the WillVideoforFood Viral Video Hall of Shame. This “viral video” site — which features an annoying George-Bush style football coach — is wrong for so, so many reasons. I would pay money to hear the agency and the brand collaborating around this hopeless concept. Let me start the list of what’s wrong with this, and I’m going to stop when I get too bored or annoyed to look further:
- What’s the point? I don’t know what I’m supposed to think or do.
- The coach just isn’t funny. The humor is soggy.
- The homepage rotates the coach’s annoying quips without giving the viewer an easy chance to muzzle him (unless they notice a tiny mute in the corner).
- There’s no way to move into a purchase, enrollment, inquiry. It’s just a big, fat brochure.
- The site is riddled with “flashterbation.” Pointless indulgence of flash.
- The videos are awkwardly devoid of purpose or entertainment.
This is a page out of the “Intel Inside” marketing play book, but it fumbles. Someone forgot to ask the basic questions. What information need are we solving? What do we want the visitor to do or believe? How can we engage them?