Many people believe that uploading video is the last step to getting seen. I’ve discovered the hard way that it’s up to the creator to market their work. And WillVideoforFood has provided a number of techniques to do so. But none of my posts have been as comprehensive as this post by PragD (via Revver’s blog). The author outlines techniques for promoting your video via:
- Social Bookmark Services (del.icio.us, Stumbleupon, Furl, Blinklist, Ma.gnolia, Shadow and Blogmarks.net)
- General Aggregate Sites (Digg, Reddit, Netscape)
- Vertical Aggregate Sites (Flixya, Videobomb, Videosift, Kunfugrip)
- Message Boards (many sites have chat rooms attached to them)
- Social Networks (PragD believes in forwarding to friends, but I tend to avoid this one unless the person is in the video).