Izzy Video did a nice tutorial about creating animated videos. A reader offered this suggestion for even simpler animations:
- shoot all your still-frame images
- put them all in one folder
- open Quicktime Player Pro.
- go to the pulldown for Open > Image sequence
- point it to the folder where the images are contained
- pick whatever frame rate you desire
- sit back and enjoy your movie
Izzy’s tutorial, while a bit more complicated using Final Cut Pro, offers some additional suggestions:
- Use tripod
- Set still camera (not video camera) to manual mode
- Run each photo for .02 seconds (30 frames per second).
I’d never have the patience to make a 10-second video from 300 photos, so you can also run each photo for a bit longer and still have a decent perception of movement.